NEAR is looking for a highly capable system developer with a central role in the development of the national e-infrastructure for aging research (NEAR). Your daily work will include a mix of system development, maintenance of existing systems, system communication, data management (transformation, uploading, extraction) and statistical strategies for harmonization. The system developer will be part of the research group and have opportunity to carry out their own research projects.
The employment is a fixed-term employment of two years full-time.
In addition to the requested background, we are looking for you who have the capacity to work in interdisciplinary working groups but can also work independently, take your own initiatives and problem-free. The applicant must also have good organizational skills, be detail-oriented and have a good communication ability.
– A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. IT, engineering, statistics).
– Work experience in data analysis or related field (e.g. as a statistician, data scientist, data architect).
– Experience of most statistical programs (e.g. R, Stata, Mplus).
– Skills in data statistics and making graphs
Meritorious knowledge, skills and abilities
– A master’s or doctoral degree in a quantitative discipline
– Experience of machine learning on large amounts of data.
– Experience of working with tools for secure handling of sensitive information (ie encryption).
– Experience of database languages (e.g. SQL, MongoDB
– System knowledge in Windows and Linux and its services and networks
– Good oral and written communication skills in English
In the beginning of November, NEAR was on site in Indianapolis when the annual meeting of the Gerontological Society of America (GSA) took place. GSA is the oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization devoted to research, education, and practice in the field of aging. Several NEAR representatives were present and held a symposium to present the […]
From the 1st of November we are happy to welcome Maria Wahlberg as a Database Coordinator in the NEAR team. Maria has a Master of Science degree in Statistics from Linköpings Universtitet. She has worked as Data manager for the Kungsholmen Project since 1997 when she began her carrier at Karolinska Institutet. Since the start […]
On 18-19 October, 60 persons from 12 different universities gathered at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm for NEAR’s annual workshop. Focus for this year’s workshop was collaboration, with purpose to create more opportunities to work together, learn more about other infrastructures work, and what we can learn from each other. The workshop was chaired by Debora […]