NEAR is looking for a highly capable system developer with a central role in the development of the national e-infrastructure for aging research (NEAR). Your daily work will include a mix of system development, maintenance of existing systems, system communication, data management (transformation, uploading, extraction) and statistical strategies for harmonization. The system developer will be part of the research group and have opportunity to carry out their own research projects.
The employment is a fixed-term employment of two years full-time.
In addition to the requested background, we are looking for you who have the capacity to work in interdisciplinary working groups but can also work independently, take your own initiatives and problem-free. The applicant must also have good organizational skills, be detail-oriented and have a good communication ability.
– A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. IT, engineering, statistics).
– Work experience in data analysis or related field (e.g. as a statistician, data scientist, data architect).
– Experience of most statistical programs (e.g. R, Stata, Mplus).
– Skills in data statistics and making graphs
Meritorious knowledge, skills and abilities
– A master’s or doctoral degree in a quantitative discipline
– Experience of machine learning on large amounts of data.
– Experience of working with tools for secure handling of sensitive information (ie encryption).
– Experience of database languages (e.g. SQL, MongoDB
– System knowledge in Windows and Linux and its services and networks
– Good oral and written communication skills in English
On March 9-10, the database managers of NEAR held a two-day workshop on-site at the Aging Research Center at Karolinska Institutet, with the main purpose of discussing and developing overall matters of database management. The first day was focused on publishing and sharing your data, where three representatives from the KI Data Access Unit (DAU) […]
Wilhelmina Hoffman who is part of NEAR’s Steering Group, is one of this year’s recipients of an honorary doctorate of medicine from Karolinska Institutet. She is specialist in geriatrics, and CEO of Silviahemmet and the Swedish Dementia Centre. Medical advances require research, innovation, education and the effective clinical implementation of scientific evidence. Wilhelmina Hoffman has […]
Willhelmina Hoffman, Björn Halleröd, Kaare Christensen, Luigi Ferrucci, Anne, W Ekdahl NEAR has now entered the next phase 2.0, with a focus on consolidation and expansion, and due to that, a new Steering Group has been appointed. The new Steering Group consists of members with national and internationally recognized expertise in aging research and research […]